I recently purchased the Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD lens for my canon. I tested it using the SL1 and 7D that has the cropped sensor. I was amazed with the result and it’s truly at 22.2x zoom.
This is becoming my another favorite. I’ve struggled with capturing and processing this object, partly because of weather and because of equipment malfunction. The first try was good enough but I realized the sulfur-2 data was bad and processing made it like a nightmare because of all the stars.
The Wizard Nebula is located some 7200 light years away and is surrounded by developing star clusters. With this latest image, instead of removing the stars, I felt like the stars are actually making the image really look different, different from others. I love the color of the stars and see the dust lanes glowing because of the starlight.
The EQFocuser started as a DIY project powered by Arduino and ASCOM. It is completely compliant with ASCOM and so far this is the focuser that I’m using with my telescopes. I have a couple of variations that are using different types of motor depending on the need. The project is open source and you can download the drivers and sketch files here https://github.com/EverettQuebral/EQFocuser
I’m starting a new project which is the Flaming Star Nebula. The object rises from the horizon at the very early time of the day and the only way I can capture this is when I do everything in automation unless I’m not going to sleep. So far what I have is the Ha which turned to be very good. The S2 frames doesn’t really look good and probably need more time to capture some data. Anyway this is just my first pass on my Ha data and the result is already promising.
I couldn’t get the processing right. I don’t know what I’m missing but struggled a lot in getting the SHO palette working together. Anyway, so far this is what I got and hoping that I can get more data in the next couple of nights.
I got a huge tilt in both of my imaging train and thanks to CCDInspector to validate my hypothesis that there’s a hug problem in the imaging train of both of my astrophotography setup. The camera I used for both is the ZWO ASI1600M-Cool and it’s good to see that the curvature is different meaning that I can eliminate the camera as the source of the problem. I may also need to use my Canon 5DMarkIII and Canon 7D/SL1 cropped sensor to validate my findings.
Explore Scientific ED127MM
This could be my next project this weekend and will take the opportunity because it’s full moon, no image capture.
I couldn’t believe of eh curvature and amount of collimation for both of my astrophotography rig.