Just testing my Mavic Pro Platinum footage while testing the PolarPro NB8/PL Filter. There’s some erratic behavior in the gimbal that sometimes it’s jumping and at the near of the end of the footage, you’ll see me testing the gimbal by manually maneuvering the drone.
Yes I upgraded my desktop that I primarily use for processing my astrophotos and did a little bit of PixInsight benchmark and here are the results.
While doing a lot of performance optimization to my rig, I noticed some slow performance and wasn’t really happy with it so I decided to do a clean install once again. We’ll this time the rig is more stable and the recent results for the PixInsight benchmark proved my findings. With a gain of 3,713 points of the total performance score with a little bit of a tweak and installing the system on the M2 drive proved it’s worth effort.
Taken under two hours of total integration time and yet was able to come up with a very good detail of the nebulosity. Also this was a quick and dirty processing, nothing special in PinInsight and not even processed in Photoshop. All was done with this image is just a simple PixelMath for combining the images from Ha and S2 filter data. Will update this post as I’m still collecting data.
I recently purchased the Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD lens for my canon. I tested it using the SL1 and 7D that has the cropped sensor. I was amazed with the result and it’s truly at 22.2x zoom.