NGC 7380 is an open cluster discovered by Caroline Herschel in 1787. William Herschel included his sister’s discovery in his catalog, and labelled it H VIII.77. It is also known as 142 in the 1959 Sharpless catalog. This reasonably large nebula is located in Cepheus.
One of my October project is capturing the Crab Nebula (M1). It is one of the most interesting object that I want to photograph. It is because that this supernova remnant was observed by Chinese Astronomers in 1054 when a very bright star (brighter than the sun) was observed that disappeared in a couple of days. That supernova left a remnant which is now known as the Crab Nebula.
The image below is just my initial version as I’m still gathering data. This is the result of almost no post processing aside from combining the narrow band channels to RGB.
2 years ago, I took a photo which looks like below.
I’m working on capturing the Elephant’s Trunk Nebula, Wizard Nebula and the Triangulum Galaxy.
The Elephant’s Trunk Nebula
The Elephant’s Trunk Nebula is now coming into a good result. Combining the data that I took a year ago with a total of around 11 hours integration, the details are becoming visible. The initial result is here if you want to see the details.
And here was the image taken last year.I’m still capturing and adding more data and hopefully the weather cooperates. The goal is to get around 20 hours of data and that should be enough to show all the necessary details that I’ll be happy with.The Triangulum GalaxyTwo years started capturing the Triangulum Galaxy. Year by year since equipment and skills are improving, the results are improving also.
Just added the popular post module since a lot of my visitors are lost in getting the meat of this blog. Hopefully that will help specially on most of the instruction based post that I have in the past.
My day job is focused in creating software. Mostly leaning on the applications side where customers and client can use our products. It’s nice to see that a lot of people have actually touched the product I helped developed. Okay so as I accumulate experience behind me, getting more structured in my thought process in creating and building an application, there are things that I also want to focus on like just building an experimental project where I can put all the features and I want the test the result.
Well I guess to do that is create something meaningful at first, and that’s why I decided to write something about creating a Web Application using React, GraphQL, Redux, Apollo and probably to use that as my next generation web site. I have been using React, Redux, Flux, and GraphQL for a long time, probably a couple of years already. Still wondering on what will be the next big thing after React but I guess we haven’t seen the limitations and we are still finding ways on how to do things better with React so I guess it will stay for a couple more years
Starting to contribute to Apollo mainly focusing on Mobile iOS and Android Development and also working on some Clean Architecture where GraphQL + Apollo Client and Redux works together in harmony. I wrote a simple React Application that is using Redux and Apollo Client side by side. The example application was using the Togetherness Level 2 where there’s still a clean separation between the Redux Store and Apollo Client to make sure that local store and remote store are managed properly. You can take a look at the application https://eqsystemclient.herokuapp.com [Just take note that since it is currently hosted on a free web dyno, it might take a while to load on startup as heroku shuts down free web dyno when not in use]. Currently hosted by Heroku using a Free Web Dyno. The application is also using my GraphQL Server also hosted by Heroku here https://eqsystems.herokuapp.com/graphiql. Please feel free to play around with and the codes are on my Github repository here https://github.com/EverettQuebral/GraphQLRedux
Below is just a sample with the app in an iFrame 🙂
Gathered more data and did a very simple processing. Very simple noise reduction.
I had a lot of problem capturing the Tulip Nebula because of some issues with probably my mount, my alignment, my guider or simple because of the weather. It was very windy in the past few days and couldn’t control. Anyway, I tossed half of my data worth around 5 hours of exposure.
Also I replaced my Orion OIII Filter and used an Astronomik OIII 12nm CCD Filter. It looked better than the Orion as it is causing same halo on my images.